$ cargo install thokr
$ docker run -it coloradocolby/thokr
thokr-git from the AUR
For detailed usage run
||50 of the 200 most common english words|
||100 of the 200 most common English words|
||100 of the 1000 most common English words|
||10 of the 200 most common English words (hard stop at 5 seconds)|
||custom prompt with the output of
||4 grammatical sentences with full stops; overrides word settings|
During a test you can press ← to start over or → to see a new prompt (assuming you didn't supply a custom one)
The following languages are available by default:
||200 most common English words|
||1000 most common English words|
||10000 most common English words|
Upon completion of a test, a row outlining your results is appended to the
log.csv file found in the following platform-specific folders. This way you can easily track your progress over time.
|Linux||$XDGCONFIG_HOME/_project_path or $HOME/.config/project_path||/home/colby/.config/thokr|
|macOS||$HOME/Library/Application Support/project_path||/Users/Colby/Library/Application Support/thokr|
- Right now there are known performance issues surrounding the rendering of the tui at each tick interval and/or key press. Ideally each render uses the prior render as a base and only makes the necessary adjustments (possibly using StatefulWidget), but I haven't been able to figure that out yet.
- I decided not to launch thokr with languages besides english because of some odd rendering issues I was experiencing when trying to input characters with accents. It's as though I'm not able to properly input the character in raw mode. I'd love to have that figure out before shipping other languages because I personally felt the experience was a bit jarring. I'll open an bug report for it with more details and replication steps -- would love more eyes on that problem!
- I've only written a small amount of tests at this point. I haven't sat down to really think through what tests look like when the output is dependent on the users terminal size, font size, etc. If you have any ideas for this please open up an issue and start the discussion!
All contributions are greatly appreciated.
If you have a suggestion that would make thokr better, please fork the repo and create a pull request. You can also simply open an issue and select
- Fork the repo
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b [your_username]/xyz)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -m 'add some xyz')
- Rebase off main (
git fetch --all && git rebase origin/main)
- Push to your branch (
git push origin [your_username]/xyz)
- Fill out pull request template
See the open issues for a full list of proposed features (and known issues).
Distributed under the MIT License. See LICENSE.md for more information.
Check out these amazing projects that inspired thokr!