Click on the GIF below for a DEMO of the terminal.
Table of Contents
About The Project
How it started:
OpenBB Terminal is an awesome stock and crypto market terminal that has been developed for fun, while I saw my GME shares tanking. But hey, I like the stock
How it's going:
OpenBB Terminal provides a modern Python-based integrated environment for investment research, that allows an average joe retail trader to leverage state-of-the-art Data Science and Machine Learning technologies.
As a modern Python-based environment, OpenBBTerminal opens access to numerous Python data libraries in Data Science (Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Jupyter), Machine Learning (Pytorch, Tensorflow, Sklearn, Flair), and Data Acquisition (Beautiful Soup, and numerous third-party APIs).
If you wish to install the Terminal, there are currently four options:
- Using the Installer (recommended if you just want to use the terminal)
- Using Python (recommended if you want to develop new features)
- Using Docker (alternative option to the installer if preferred)
- Using Docker Web UI (if you want to deploy the web UI for users to access over your LAN)
There are 3 main ways of contributing to this project.
For a 1 hour coding session where the architecture of the repo is explained while a new feature is added, check here.
Become a Contributor
Recommended if you bought the dip, and the share price keeps dipping. You may as well keep yourself busy while stonks go up.
- Fork the Project
- Create your Feature Branch (
git checkout -b feature/AmazingFeature)
- Install the pre-commit hooks by running:
pre-commit install. Any time you commit a change, linters will be run automatically. On changes, you will have to re-commit.
- Commit your Changes (
git commit -m 'Add some AmazingFeature')
- Push to your Branch (
git push origin feature/AmazingFeature)
- Open a Pull Request
Become a Karen
Recommended if you adopted a strategy of buying high and selling low.
We are interested in your view on what sort of features would make you buy even higher and selling even lower.
Also, if somehow you're sitting in several mils due to this terminal, don't forget to report a bug so that the team can fix, and keep the old ways.
If red is your favorite color, and you never sell for a loss.
Welcome to the club, and feel free to support the developers behind this amazing open-source project.
Distributed under the MIT License. See LICENSE for more information.
"A few things I am not. I am not a cat. I am not an institutional investor, nor am I a hedge fund. I do not have clients and I do not provide personalized investment advice for fees or commissions." DFV
Trading in financial instruments involves high risks including the risk of losing some, or all, of your investment amount, and may not be suitable for all investors. Before deciding to trade in financial instrument you should be fully informed of the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite, and seek professional advice where needed. The data contained in GST is not necessarily accurate. GST and any provider of the data contained in this website will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result of your trading, or your reliance on the information displayed.
Feel free to share loss porn, memes or any questions at:
- VICE article - Gamestonk Terminal Is a DIY, Meme Stock Version of Bloomberg Terminal
- Daily Fintech article - Never underestimate Bloomberg, but here are 5 reasons why the Gamestonk Terminal is a contender
- HackerNews - Show HN: Can’t afford Bloomberg Terminal? No prob, I built the next best thing
- Reddit r/algotrading - Gamestonk Terminal: The next best thing after Bloomberg Terminal.
- Reddit r/Python - Gamestonk Terminal: The equivalent to an open-source python Bloomberg Terminal.
- Reddit r/Superstonk - Move over Bloomberg Terminal, here comes Gamestonk Terminal
- Spotlight: Didier Lopes. Creator of Gamestonk Terminal
- Reddit r/Superstonk - Gamestonk Terminal - We are very much alive
- Medium- Gamestonk Terminal. Can't Stop, Won't Stop
- Gamestonk Terminal: UX/UI >> Features