Modern TUI calendar and task manager with customizable interface. Manages your events and tasks, displays birthdays from your abook, and can import events and tasks from calcurse and taskwarrior. See wiki for more information.
- Vim keys
- Operation with fewest key presses possible
- Todo list with subtasks and timers
- Birthdays of your abook contacts
- Import of events and tasks from calcurse and taskwarrior
- Icons according to the name
✈ ⛷ ⛱
- Privat events and tasks •••••
- Plain text database in your folder for cloud sync
- Customizable colors, icons, and other features
- Resize and mobile friendly
- Week can start on any day
- Current weather
- Support for Persian calendar
Linux and Mac OS
pip install calcure
Arch Linux, Manjaro etc
calcure is available in AUR.
yay -S calcure
Also, you need to install
pip install holidays jdatetime
Windows Terminalapp from the app store
python 3.xalso from the app store (if you just type
pythonin the Windows Terminal app it will offer you to install)
- Install the program and libraries libraries by typing in the Windows Terminal
pip install windows-curses calcure
- Now you can finally run it by typing in the Windows Terminal
python -m calcure
- python 3
jdatetimepython libraries. Install by
pip install holidays jdatetime.
calcure in your terminal. You may need to restart your terminal after install.
Calcure can be started in special mods using various user arguments. Please refer to this wiki page for the list of options.
List of all key bindings can be accessed in the wiki and via
? key in the program.
On the first run, program will create a configuration file at
.config/calcure/config.ini. You can edit parameters and colors in the
config.ini file. An example of the config.ini file is here. Explanations of all settings are in the wiki.
- If your terminal shows empty squares instead of icons, probably it does not support unicode. In this case, in config set:
use_unicode_icons = No.
- Weather widget slows down launch of the program and requires internet. If that is a problem, switch weather off in config:
show_weather = No.
- If weather is incorrect, set your city in config
weather_city = Tokyo. By default, this setting is empty and program tries to detect your city automatically from your ip.
- If after install the program does not run by just running
calcure, try to restart your terminal, it may need to recheck the binaries.
Contribution, translations, donations
If you wish to contribute to the code base or translations, feel free to open issues or propose PRs. Particularly, you are welcome to contribute on the topics of file encryption and syncing with popular calendar services. For big changes, please open an issue to discuss first.
If you'd like to support the development, consider donations. For more information about contribution, see wiki pages.