Get a nice summary line after each command you run on your shell.
- Runs under Zsh and Bash.
- Show userspace and kernel time of all programs that you run.
- Show current pid of shell and tty.
- In case of failure/suspend/etc, give the signal name and the exit code.
- No external dependencies.
How it looks like
- Clone this repository or download and entract the snapshot to a location readable to you: git clone https://github.com/schanur/aftermath.git
- Add the following line to the end of your .bashrc or .zshrc file: source "/path/of/this/repo/aftermath.sh"
You are done. You see your new status line after you restart your shell session.
- Many thanks to Joe Block (@unixorn) for the suggested name "Aftermath" which is from now on the project name.
Features missing? Give me a hint or implement it yourself and create a pull request. If you like it (or even if you don't), a short feedback would be nice.